This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fannie Mae. All opinions are 100% mine.
When the opportunity came for me to reach out to blog readers and discuss options available to help them avoid foreclosure on their home I was absolutely thrilled. Between the rising price of gas, mortgages and the over all financial state of our countries economy ~ among other things... we've all been affected is one way or another. Two years ago I had dared to hope for a financial recovery. Today, my thought's are bleak. The days when we lived comfortably solely on our median family incomes are over. Now, it's time to adjust... time to work harder... time to work smarter.
Know Your Options is a great resource for families struggling to pay a home mortgage. The website offers a vast amount of information, resources and tools. Knowledge is power! Visit Know Your Options to learn about:
- Options to Stay In Your Home
- Refinance ~ New mortgage with new terms.
- Repayment Plan ~ Spread out your past due amount over several months.
- Forbearance Option ~ Temporarily suspend or reduce your payments for a short period of time.
- Military Forbearance ~ Longer forbearance period.
- Modification ~ Change the terms of your original mortgage.
- Deed for Lease ~ Stay in your home & pay rent.
- Options to Leave Your Home
- Short Sale ~ A preforclosure sale to pay off all or some of your mortgage.
- Deed-in-Lieu ~ Stay in your home & pay rent after you have transferred the title to the mortgage company.
- Fannie Mae Mortgage Help Centers
- Housing Counselors
- Contact Your Mortgage Company
- Understanding Your Credit Score
- Helpful Forums
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to Helpful Sites
- Beware of Scams ~ Help is FREE!
- Take Action ~ What to do now that you've reviewed your options.
At the beginning of the mortgage crisis there was little help to be found. Many families suffered... they didn't have options to avoid foreclosure or at the very least didn't know there were options available. Choose your own destiny. Make your own path. Don't fall victim to a foreclosure because you thought that foreclosure was just the way it was going to be. Arm yourself with knowledge and decide what is best for you and your family. I strongly urge you to visit KnowYourOptions.com.