Friday, January 21, 2011

I've picked myself up off the floor...


It's a little surreal to think I actually won a XBOX 360 w/ Kinect & 2 Games from the Pepsi Kinect Sweepstakes. Surreal because... I was hoping to buy one last Christmas and stuff it under the Christmas tree... That didn't happen.
Your priorities change when you own a business and the economy is bad. Your life changes. Ten years ago I would have shrugged my shoulders at the electric bill and said oh, I'll catch it up next month.... Priorities REALLY CHANGE.
I swore up and down I was going to win one of these XBOX's. I'm not sure how convinced I was... but I said it every single day... I'm going to win and XBOX. I waited on pins and needles to hear something from Pepsi... to be notified that I was the winner. I hoped and searched for other XBOX sweepstakes to enter. I WAS GOING TO GET MY FAMILY A XBOX.
AND there it was... a box perched on the railing of my front steps... dare I hope? I wasn't waiting for a package. What could it be... could it really be? No... there's no way it's an XBOX... the official rules stated that I would be notified by telephone if I won. I raced to the steps anyway.... Once inside I couldn't get the box opened as quickly as I would have liked but sure enough... There it was... a month late... but my Christmas gift for my daughter & husband finally arrived...

No comments:

Post a Comment